4 The Mews, Napier Miles Road, Kingsweston, BS11 0UT
- *** Last One Remaining ***
- Landmark redevelopment of Napier Miles House
- Own a piece of History
- Exclusive development of Just 10 new homes
- Parking and Gardens
- 10 year Warranty
- Walking distance to Kingsweston Estate
- & Blaise Castle
PHASE 1 NOW RELEASED
We are delighted to release Phase 1 of this landmark restoration with Plots 5,6,7 and 8 The Mews available to view from early September.
This exclusive development of Just 10 properties will be available for occupation in Autumn 2015.
A METICULOUS RESTORATION PROJECT
The creation of just 10 no. 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes from this historic building is truly a labour of love. Working in harmony with the existing historic building and with the original neo-classical design embedded at the heart of the development, the external historic façade with its classical pediment elevations belies a modern interior, layout and specification second to none. Set around the front courtyard, dominated by the double height archway with its pedimented feature clock, are eight 2 and 3 bedroom mews houses.
NAPIER MILES HOUSE - A BRIEF HISTORY
Home to, and inspiration of many distinguished diplomats, politicians, philanthropists, architects and musicians, the history of the Manor of Kings Weston goes as far back as the Doomsday Book.
The last Squire of Kings Weston House was Philip Napier Miles, a gifted musician and patron of music. Ralph Vaughan Williams completed his work The Lark Ascending in 1920 whilst a guest of the Squire. This sublime work received its first public performance in December 1920 at the Shirehampton Public Hall with Marie Hall, Philip Napier Miles protg as lead violinist. But it is the Southwell family, whose development of the estate from 1702 1833, that is of real interest here.
In 1763 Sir Edward Southwell engaged renowned architect Robert Mylne, architect of Londons Blackfriars Bridge, to design the stables, kitchen gardens and lodges on estate land north east of the Mansion House.
Whilst the building is an early example of neo-classical architecture, the tall elegant archway has a story all of its own. Legend has it, that the Squire at that time also had an interest in exotic animals. It is rumoured that he requested the archway be tall enough to accommodate a fully grown giraffe, hence its height. The stables were never, to anyones knowledge, home to the even-toed ungulate and have long since said goodbye to their equine residents.
They are however in the process of being restored to their original glory, and in the process creating 8 individual and spacious mews cottages with two substantial modern houses to the rear.
The opportunity now presents itself to be part of this historical journey.
PLOT 4 - A TWO BEDROOM LOFT STYLE MEWS HOUSE
2 Bed, 2 Bath, 1st Floor Dual Aspect Kitchen / Living Room, Balcony Terrace and bin and cycle store.
An intriguing reversal of living space sees the first floor providing an open plan living area with a dual aspect giving framed views over the historic walled Lilly Pond beyond the front courtyard and historic wood, the Severn Estuary and Brecon Beacons to the rear.
The Ground floor entrance hall is dominated by the double height atrium off of which are two double bedrooms, family bathroom and understairs storage with plumbing for a washing machine. The Master bedroom benefits from an ensuite shower room, fitted wardrobe and access to a private terraced balcony.
Outside is a private balcony terrace and a secure, private bin and cycle store situated in the rear courtyard.
PLOT 4 ROOM SIZES
LIVING / DINING 4.22m x 5.93m (13’10” x 19’6”)
KITCHEN 2.65m x 3.39m (8’8” x 11’1”)
BEDROOM 1 3.34m x 3.87m (10’11” x 12’8”)
BEDROOM 2 3.50m x 3.38m (11’6” x 11’1”)
BATHROOM 1.61m x 1.69m (5’3” x 5’6”)
• Private balcony terrace
• Paved front courtyard with lawned verge
• Secure vehicle parking with remote fob access control
• Electronically gated rear courtyard
• Private individual bin and cycle store
• Wide oak timber flooring to halls, kitchens and living areas
• Quality 80/20 wool carpets fitted to all bedrooms, landings and stairs
• Ceramic and stone tiling to bathroom walls and floors by Mandarin Stone
• Built in wardrobe to master bedroom
• Bespoke solid timber windows and doors
• Solid oak “Suffolk” style Internal doors
• Feature double height atrium hallway
• Independent gas central heating and hot water system
• Underfloor heating to all ground & first floor areas
• Bespoke kitchen with range of base units and wall cupboards and integrated appliances that include:
- Bosch fridge
- Bosch freezer
- Bosch electric oven
- Bosch induction hob
- Bosch extract hood
- CDA dishwasher
• Under cupboard LED lighting
• Under mounted stainless steel sink with mixer tap
• Silestone worktop with matching plinth surround and splash back to hob
• Breakfast bar feature
• Plumbing for washing machine in understairs cupboard
BATH AND SHOWER ROOMS
• White sanitary ware by Roca
• Chrome mixer taps
• Floor and wall tiles by Mandarin Stone
• Over bath mounted showers to main bathrooms
• Showers with Mira screen and Bristan controls
• Fitted mirrors above basins
• Shaver points
• TV and telephone point sockets to reception rooms and bedrooms
• BT phone connection point
• Combination of low voltage lighting and pendant lighting
• NACOSS approved Burglar alarm system
• Smoke/Heat detectors to hallways and kitchens
• External lighting to patio areas
All plots will have the benefit of a 10 year New Homes warranty provided by Checkmate who are a recognized by the Council of Mortgage lenders as an approved warranty provider.
Having focused on the distinguished past of Napier Miles House, we must place this small select development in a more modern context. The surrounding woodlands and green open spaces of the Blaise Castle Estate give way to the rolling greens of Shirehampton golf course. From dog walking, horse riding, childrens’ playgrounds and golf, the area provides leisure opportunities for all ages on the doorstep. A short drive away the village of Westbury on Trym provides plentiful shopping as do
Shirehampton and Sea Mills. The Mall and Cribbs Causeway is a mere 10 minutes away by car, offering everything from health and beauty to high fashion and Cinema Vue and lots of parking. Nearby the popular Red Bus Nursery, offers childcare opportunities for busy working parents whilst for older offspring, Bristol provides a choice of schooling in both the private and LA sectors. The motorway network is but a short drive away, accessing M4 and M5 motorways, whilst Bristol is close enough to enjoy and far enough away to escape to the peace and tranquility of your neo-classical home.
Napier Miles House enjoys great transport links for all major routes
Local rail links around Bristol from Shirehampton and Sea Mills:
• Temple Meads 20 mins
Bristol Temple Meads for fast rail connections across the UK including:
• 12 minutes to Bath Spa
• 49 mins to Cardiff
• 1 hour 40 mins to Birmingham
• 1 hours 45 mins to London Paddington
• M5 – 5 mins
• M4 – 10 mins
• Bristol’s International Airport approx 20 mins
• Cheltenham – 50 mins
• Cardiff – 40 mins
• Swindon – 50 mins
Hollis Morgan, Woods, their clients and any joint agents give notice that: 1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Hollis Morgan and Woods have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Please note some images are generic of the whole development and may not be specific to each individual plot.