This privacy notice sets out how we will process personal data we collect from or about you, or which you provide to us.
Please read this notice carefully to understand why data is being collected and what we do with that data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679, the data controller is
Hollis Morgan, 5 upper Belgrave Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 2XQ.
We may change the privacy notice from time to time by amending this page.
Our website and services may contain links to independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are
not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy
The personal information we collect from you will typically include the following:
- Full name and contact details (including your job title, contact number, email and postal address)
- Usage information about your visits to our website (which enable our website to remember information about you and your
- Other technical information, including what devices you use to connect to our website, device location data where this
function is not disabled by you on your device, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your
computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types
and versions, operating system and platform.
- Your communications with us, including a record of email or telephone correspondence created following contact with us.
Registering at the Auction
The information taken for the bidding process is captured on the camera’s SD card, this is then transferred to a hard disk
and stored. This hard disk does not have any internet connection. The SD card is then securely erased.
The information is kept for 3 months and erased after this point from the hard disk. The off site storage is in a secure
premises in Wellington, Somerset.
The legal grounds under data protection legislation for processing personal data are as follows:
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract
with you, for us to provide you with our products and services.
- You have given us explicit consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes, namely 1)
where you have given us consent to receive electronic marketing by us and/or 2) to process your Special Category Personal
Data described above. You do not need to provide us with marketing consent to receive our services.
- It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, except where our interests are overridden by the interests,
rights or freedoms of affected individuals (such as you). To determine this, we shall consider a number of factors, such
as what you were told at the time you provided your data, what your expectations are about the processing of the data,
the nature of the data, and the impact of the processing on you. Our legitimate interests include; The sale and marketing
of residential and commercial properties. Surveying of properties for sale and marketing purposes. The photography of
properties for sale and marketing purposes.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
We will hold and use personal information about you in the following ways:
- To communicate with you during the course of providing our work, for example with your enquiries and requests.
- Statistical purposes so we can analyse figures to help us manage our business and plan strategically for the future.
- To provide you with information from Hollis Morgan in the form of an electronic newsletter.
- To provide you with information about properties for sale that may be of interest to you.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will retain your personal data for different periods depending on the service you have chosen to use us for, which may
be a longer period than that for which we need to hold your data to provide those services, i.e. where we are under regulatory
or statutory duties to hold your data for a longer period or need to retain it in the event of a legal claim or complaint.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective
seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our company or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us
about our customers and contacts will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or to
protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information
with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Your data will be held on secure servers within the European Economic Area ("EEA") with all reasonable technological and
operation measures put in place to safeguard it from unauthorised access. Where possible any identifiable information
will be encrypted or minimised.
Where we give you a username and password which enables you to access certain parts of your matter on our systems, you are
responsible for keeping it confidential. Please do not share it with anyone.
How you can access and update your information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, known as a data subject access request.
You also have the right to request that information we hold about you which may be incorrect, or which has been changed
since you first told us, is updated or removed. These requests are free of charge and can be sent to
How you can request erasure of your data
You can ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also
have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object
to processing (see below), where you have withdrawn consent for us to process it (as explained below), where we may have
processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law.
Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which
will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
How you can withdraw your consent
You have the right at any time to withdraw any consent you have given us to process your personal data. Please note if you
withdraw your consent it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data we have carried out before
you withdrew your consent. Should you wish to do so you can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting
How you can restrict or object to us using your data
You can ask us to suspend the way in which we are using your information in certain scenarios, or object to our processing
your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest ground and you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and
freedoms, or where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases where you object,
we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights
Please note that if you want us to restrict or stop processing your data this may impact on our ability to provide our services.
Depending on the extent of your request we may be unable to continue providing you with our service.
Any queries or concerns about the way in which your data is being used can be sent to
In the event that we process your data by automated means where you have either provided us with consent for us to use your
information or where we used the information to perform a contract with you, you have the right to request that we send
to you or to another organisation, a copy of the personal data we hold about you, for example when you are dealing with
a different service provider. If you would like us to move, copy, or transfer your information please let us know by
email@example.com. We will respond to you within one month after assessing whether this is possible, considering
the technical compatibility with the other organisation in question.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated
by writing to Hollis Morgan, 9 Waterloo Street, Clifton, Bristol BS8 4BT.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law
you can complain to the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found
at www.ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113.